Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Sail Away Plans

Folks are arriving on sailing day from all directions -- local hotel, Orlando airport, Elaine's house in Vero Beach and Megan's place in Apopka. So meeting up at check-in is going to be a problem. Instead, perhaps we could get together for "Sail Away" - just after the muster drill.

So I am looking for some input on whether folks want to gather at all. And, if so, where would everyone like to meet up. It might be nice to all touch base before dinner -- especially if we need to fix any mix ups with seating and such. So I've come up with several options (but feel free to make other suggestions if you have 'em):

1) My cabin. Nice balcony and no crowds, but also no bartender.
2) Pool bar or Sky Bar. Good access to food and cocktails, but bound to be crowded and noisy.
3) 19th Hole. On deck 14 at the top of the ship. Great view, but it's inside and might be crowded.

Any thoughts, suggestions, etc??

5 comments:

Nicky said...

Perhaps whoever is first onboard could just go hang out in the bar and save us a table. It would mean sacrificing the safety drill, but I for one, am willing to make that sacrifice for my friends.

dcdiva said...

Ah, the rookie cruiser. There is no "skipping muster". They actually take attendance, and if you don't show they will go looking for you. And I understand the first place they usually look are the bars!!

But I would suggest that if cabins are not ready when we board (which is likely) grab a table near the bar just outside the Windjammer. It's also conveiently located for those who want to book specialty restaurants or wine packages.

marmnyc said...

Yeah, muster is a must - er. As unpleasant as it is, you really can't skip it.

The Pool Bar was kind of an experience last time though I'd be just as happy in a private place with our own private stash of, say, sparkling wine.

We'll be wherever you are, Anne.

Liz said...

I've decided to hook up an IV line of my favorite drink when I get on board and remove it when we get back. :) Just kidding... maybe not...
I vote for Anne's room, or where Anne is. Ditto Melissa. The bars the last time were packed...

marmnyc said...

As another alternative, there's Ellington's, the jazz bar, also on Deck 14. Just a thought. We could always start out somewhere public and migrate if we need to.