Thursday, September 06, 2007

Some Info on Labadee, Haiti


For those who don't know, Lanadee is the private pennisula in Haiti owned and operated by Royal Caribbean. It's actually pretty big, with a whole slew of beaches and bars. Food on the "island" is free, but naturally you still have to pay for drinks.
SeaTek operates the beach activities which range from paddle boats and kayaks, to jet skis and parasailing. And, the also have what they claim is the longest overwater zip line anyplace. And, of course, there's shopping!
Here's a link to the Google Map of Labadee,



9 comments:

dcdiva said...

Nick found this link to the Labadee zipline on YouTube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5inyAbL2T0

marmnyc said...

I'll wave to you from the beach.

Nicky said...

This changes everything!!! Well, not the zipline, but the fact that there is shopping in Labadee. I might actually get off the boat.

As fro the countdown, I know if is 15 days, 10 hours, and change, but as far as I am concerned it is 13 days and change until vacations.

I am sooooooo excited, I can't wait to see everyone and have a great, great vacation. I printed our "Set Sail" documents and we are good to go.

Joan said...

I plan to pack my inflatable raft (I actually have two). So you will probably find me floating in the water...ideally with a fruity cocktail.

dcdiva said...

I also have an inflatable raft. But it might be tough to get it onto the tender if it's already blown. So I may have to abandon my plan to get the cabin steward to blow it up for me. :-)

Nicky said...

Does anyone remember the floating island that Hammacher and Schlemmer used to sell? Kind of like this only with and 8' island to lie upon. http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/crystalclear_1966_40915099

Ahhh, the good old days, when wasting money on pool toys wasn't a bad thing :)

Nicky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicky said...

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/crystalclear
_1966_40915099

Liz said...

I'll be joinging Joan floating on her spare raft with a fruity drink and waving with melissa. I can blow up my own raft! :)