Wednesday, September 12, 2007

10 DAYS!!!


Anne recommended I post my exhaustive research on Cozumel, so here goes:

Last time, we took the ship excursion to Playa Mia Beach, which we liked but didn't love. It was a long drive and crowded with screaming cruise passengers climbing their version of the climbing wall...

Cozumel Insider has an impressive but exhausting chart of all the beaches on the island.

Some choices for this time include:
Paradise Beach:
Nice looking sandy beach, good facilities, no pool that I can tell, but no admission fee, and all you have to do is buy food/drinks to get umbrellas and chairs.

Playa Uvas:
I just found this one, which claims to be the closest to the port. Again, good facilities (looks very new and semi-chichi - very South Beach-y), and they have some interesting all-inclusive packages. For those inclined, the glass bottom kayaks look kind of cool.

Mister Sanchos:
Anne and Robin have been here before, and Anne said they really enjoyed it. Looks like nice facilities and gets good reviews from Cruise Critic members. Plus, it looks like they have big strong guys to carry you around (see above).

I was originally leaning toward Chankanaab, but I saw a photo of the super uncomfortable beach chairs and I think it's off my list. Too bad, because it looks beautiful.

Carlos n' Charlies also has a beach - looks like a huge party atmosphere.

So there you go - imagine the useful things I could have done with all this time!

6 comments:

Joan said...

Melissa, Did you really post this at 5:30am?...you do need a vacation!!

I went to Chankanaab on the last cruise. It wasn't that great. Lunch was good and snorkleing was fun, but there was not much of a beach, and yes the chairs were uncomfortable.

marmnyc said...

It was actually about 6, but for some reason it reads as 5:30....

Yeah, the picture Anne showed me was of you holding Aidan on the beach. I'm willing to rule it out. Playa Uvas is my current favorite, but I'll figure it out when we get there.

PS-did I mention that Playa Uvas has a coupon???

Nick said...

I know where I'm going! Wherever I'm told - but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Uvas.

Nicky said...

Only 5 days and 7 hours to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I vote for the beach with the best cocktails.

dcdiva said...

Concerned about Uvas. Seems to be pretty expensive. I know it's all inclusive and everything, but it's $50 bucksm even with a coupon. I am sure if I put my mind to it I could drink that much, but :-0

Some recent reviews of Mr. Sanchos were not so great. Sooo, Paradise Beach seems to be moving up on the list pretty rapidly.

Unknown said...

Hi, just one comment about the link of the website playa uvas , if you have the time to change the link http://www.playauvas.com , thanks . Regards